Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Another Day, Another Fall

I'm getting much better at hanging in the air when I wake up. I started taking cat naps so I could get more practice waking. I don't know what it is about that REM state or whatever that counteracts gravity. If I could just stay half asleep all the time, that would be perfect, I'd never have to come down, and before you even say it, no amount of weed will get me to that state, and if I smoke before I fall asleep, it usually won't work.

The real disaster is trying to apply weightlessness to any other situation. There's no amount of running leaps that will make it work. I'm just not making progress at all. I give up, especially since I got really hurt today. I was at a tennis court. I guess I thought a sporting environment would inspire me or something. It's never inspired me to play sports, but I took this huge leap, as hard as my legs would go, and I close my eyes, like if I don't see the landing it'll never come. It came, hard. I almost broke my iPhone. I don't usually do this kind of thing, but I figure I've got the money, so why not call an ambulance? They cart me off to the emergency room, want to do an MRI on my knee. I haven't heard back about that. Then they wrap me all in bandages and want to keep me overnight. I can't do that. What if I wake up in the middle of the night above the hospital bed, catheter tubes all tangled or whatever?

I snuck out and called a cab. It hurts like hell to walk, but at least I'm home. They put me on something for the pain, so that could have kept me grounded, but it still hurts, so they obviously didn't give me enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home