Saturday, June 30, 2007

Regression Therapy

I was hungry this afternoon, and I started wandering around the city, looking for someplace to eat, because I couldn't figure out what I was hungry for, I just felt malnourished. I started taking random streets in random directions, and I came to a park. I sat in the grass, got bored with that, went to the playground and slid on slides, and then I went to the swings, and all of a sudden, it brought back this really familiar feeling.

I swung for maybe an hour and a half. I probably shouldn't do that on an empty stomach, but it was weird. I hadn't done that since I was probably thirteen. I always loved the swings, I seem to remember. There's that moment, right when you're at the top of the swing, right before you come down... It's strange because that's just what floating felt like in the dream, like constantly falling, but never... It's hard to put in to words. Like constantly falling, but never actually going down. Does that make sense? I don't have a whole lot of other stuff to do, so I've been thinking about this a lot, but it's not that clear in my mind.

That's right. I remember, I was always afraid. The other kids would swing very high and jump off, but I was always nervous about that. I'd botch the dismount and get all twisted in some way. Today I did, and sure enough, I think I hurt my pinky. It stings. And when I jumped off and turned around, it was spinning, twisting, so clearly I did that wrong in some way. I guess it was fun, but I don't think I'm gonna go back.

Oh, and it turned out the food I'd been craving was chocolate. It's always chocolate, so I don't know why I ever doubted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home