Sunday, August 5, 2007

Don't I Know You?

I met someone at a club last night. I saw a flyer on one of those, was it a telephone pole, and ended up going. She recognized me. I didn't know who she was, but she looked kind of familiar. I don't know anyone in this town. I ran down the list of possible ex-girlfriends who might have moved here, but she didn't look like any of them. She just kept talking to me. The music turned out to be lame, so we went outside and talked about how the music had turned out to be lame, and she gave me her number.

I don't know if I'm gonna call her, but this morning, I think I figured out who she was. About a month ago, I went to a really stuffy party with lots of boring people, and I think she was the girl I ended up talking to there. This is not a small city. These parties are not similar. What if this is more than a coincidence? I pretty much believe that everything's a coincidence, but I could be wrong. What if learning to fly and meeting this girl are all part of something? What if I'm supposed to call her?

If this is my destiny, it's got to do a much better job of clarifying itself, because I don't want to do all the work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home