Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Am A Little Disappointed


There's a strange thing about my friend calling me last week for advice. The thing is, he was one of the guys I used to look up to. I really thought he had his shit together. Now I find out he's more of a mess than I am, and I can see exactly what he's always been looking for. I look back, and I realize he was always looking for something to believe in, and whenever he had something new, he'd show it to me, and I'd be blown away. That's why I believed in him. Now I see that he's always going to be searching, for his whole life, and nothing's ever going to satisfy him. He's never going to find the answers he wants, because there aren't any.

It's like when you're a kid, and the people you look up to the most in the world are your parents. You think they know everything. Then one day, as you get older, you start to see the cracks in that armor. You start to realize they can be wrong. After that, maybe you start to look for other things to believe in, but it's always the same story.

In the end, the only person you can count on is yourself, but I know exactly how stupid and unreliable I can be. No, that's it. I'm out of ideas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even really read this but it's so cool that you posted a picture from "The Fifth Element"

August 14, 2007 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home