Friday, August 3, 2007

Looking Back

I got a call from an old friend of mine from high school. He's having a fight with another old friend from high school. It sent me into this whole regression thing. No, what's the word? Nostalgic.

I searched on myspace for all the graduates of our high school in the years surrounding our own. It's amazing how many of them are still living in that town, married, with kids. I found a girl who used to sit behind me in physics. We were good friends. Now she's divorced with a kid. I guess physics and I aren't really getting along right now. I think it's ignoring me.

Still, I don't know what to think about all this. Our reunion is still a few years off. I never had any intention of making something of myself, but it looks like some people really didn't try. If I did go, who knows how many eight or nine year old kids there'd be.

Is that what they want from life? I guess it's a good thing I didn't try to contact any of them to figure out what they were up to. You never know when people like that are going to suck you back into their stepford world. I don't really believe that, but I can't help thinking that's part of what society expects of me and how glad I am that I'm safe from that pressure in this house. Nobody tells me what to do. That's why I fired that personal trainer, because doing things is for suckers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home