Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Life Is Its Own Thrill Ride

I guess it's been a few days since I've written anything. It's not that there hasn't been anything to say, but I haven't really cared enough to write it all down.

So, I spent the weekend at Six Flags. I rode all the rides a bunch of times, sometimes with my eyes open, sometimes with my eyes closed, focusing on the feeling of the g-forces pushing and pulling me back and forth, up and down. It's funny, how the first time you ride a rollercoaster, It's so surprising, and you can't help that little bit of out of control feeling, and the second time you get on, it's already predictable, like you know the place where they take your picture and try to make some kind of face. I couldn't ever get one I liked. There was one decent one, where I was trying to look excited. Maybe I'll post it.

The good news was, I was so tired when I got back, all I wanted to do was veg out in front of the TV and take copious naps, two things that get me in the mood for flying, and sometime last afternoon, in a semi-drowsy state and during a grand prize episode of AFV, or America's Funniest Home Videos to the layman, I was able to gain altitude for the first time while awake. I was lying on the couch, thinking about the rollercoasters, actually not thinking about anything. The best phrase I can think of to describe it would be to say that I fell up, while I was falling down at the same time. I guess I was falling up a little faster than I was falling down, because I ended up in the air above the couch.

I was still kind of sleepy, but I was also a little hungry, so I let myself fall towards the kitchen. I kept falling but never hit the ground all the way to the fridge, got some ice cream and fell back towards the living room. Finally, I let myself fall all the way down on the couch with my ice cream and watched the rest of the episode. The one with the singing cat won $100,000. Also, I forgot to get a spoon when I was in the kitchen, so I waited until the ice cream melted, then half drank it, half ate it with my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home