Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Walking On Air

I practiced floating a bunch of times yesterday. I can do it with my eyes open if I really concentrate on the memory of falling. I did it in a bunch of different rooms in the house. I jumped off the dining room table and floated the entire length of the room without falling. I guess I'll keep going forward at the same height until I let myself fall. I also figured out that I could ease myself down by picturing the ground coming up to meet me.

Last night, I jumped off the roof of my house and floated across the street to the roof of somebody else's house. It was so exciting, I couldn't concentrate enough to get back. I knew if I tried, I'd fall. Plus, my roof is higher than theirs, so I wasn't sure if I could get the height I needed to get back. I stayed on their roof for almost an hour, trying to calm down. They had a door for roof access, but it was locked, and I didn't know what to tell them when I went down. They'd think I was breaking into their house, which I would be, but just to get back to mine. I don't know how to explain how I got on their roof.

So I waited until I thought I was calm enough and jumped off their roof. I pictured the ground coming up to meet me very slowly and eased myself down. I wonder what would happen if I pictured the ground going farther away? I don't think it would work, since I've never been reverse sky diving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home