Thursday, August 23, 2007

Property Damage, Ahoy

I just got home. I went out to the park tonight, to practice my flying. I wanted a big open space with a soft ground. I knew I'd be safe. Nobody comes to my park at night.

I stood at the top of the hill, because the whole park is on an incline, and it's always easier for me to glide without losing altitude that it is for me to gain altitude. There was a bench and table thing there, so I stood on top of that and jumped off. I'm getting pretty good at the kind of focus that lets me fly. I like to visualize some distant desert, far below me, coming up lazily to meet me. I jumped off the table thing and flew over the entire length of the park. It was beautiful. I didn't want to push myself that hard, but I think I was able to gain a little altitude at one point. I don't have a consistent image for that, but I think about the rollercoasters pushing me down into my seat. It doesn't always work.

The real problem I have with flying is that I can't really concentrate on where I'm going without falling. I don't close my eyes all the time, but I'm not really paying attention either, so when I got to the street at the far end of the park, I kept on going, and I ended up getting caught in the power lines over the street. It was really scary. I didn't want to grab on to them, because I thought they were going to snap, and when I started to think about all that, I lost my concentration and fell.

I was lucky a Saturn broke my fall. It could have been something much harder, or I could have hit the pavement. I was in a lot of pain after I landed, but I don't think there's any serious injury. The hood of the car got dented pretty bad, though. I wasn't sure what to do. Does insurance cover things when you're not in your car? I don't think anybody saw me. Nobody comes to my park at night. There was no alarm, so I just left. If anyone wakes up tomorrow with a big me-shaped dent in their hood, sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home