Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Don't, Jump!

I was downtown today, and I passed this corner where there were all these people looking up. There were cops and firemen, but I couldn't figure out what everyone was looking at. Turns out it was this:



Some guy was out on a ledge, ready to jump. See him up there, in the blue shirt? Sorry, my phone doesn't zoom that well. The cops didn't seem to be doing anything, and one of them was going around, cordoning off a mailbox and utility pole down where I was, about a block away. Maybe he was practicing. Maybe he's the new guy, and they were keeping him busy. Anyway, I figured this was my shot. I went somewhere more secluded, where I could still see him, and got ready to fly up and catch him in mid air.

Then the bastard went back inside. How frustrating is that? Son of a bitch. Here I was, finally in a situation where I could do something useful, and he goes back inside. I tell you, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this hero business. How am I supposed to save the world now, put solar panels on my roof? It's not exactly the most dramatic threat to mankind.

I bet he would have been heavy anyway. I've never flown with someone else before, and I don't really know how it works. If I'd caught him and dropped him or missed him completely, think how embarrassing that would have been. And what if he'd dragged me down with him? I'm not risking my life for some guy who wants to kill himself anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home