Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Float Like a Bee, Sting Like a Butterfly

I can't fly when I think about flying. It only works if I don't think about anything, which I'm pretty good at, but it makes it hard to keep track of where I'm going. I've been trying different ways of dealing with that, and I think I've got a good one. I do this kind of swooping thing. It's hard to describe. I fall down and forward for a while, then, because I let myself fall, I fly back up. As soon as I think about which direction I wan to go, I get distracted and stop gaining altitude, but I can fall forward in the direction I want to go. It's a little routine, and I'm getting pretty good at it, but it only works if you're not afraid to fall.

I got the idea last month that it's the same way bees fly, so I started working on this whole bee superhero idea. I found this leather jacket with yellow stripes around the sleeves. I figured that would be like a safety thing, so people could see me. I was going to get some knee pads for rough landings there were like the same pattern. I could be Bee Man, or something less lame.

Then I made the mistake of doing research, nothing in depth, just nature shows, and I realized bees don't fly that way at all. I saw some birds doing it, diving in to catch fish and stuff, but there's no way I'm going to be Pelican Man, with the super neck pouch. I bet other birds do it too, like hawks and sparrows and things, but I don't see myself using any name that might get me confused with Robin, the boy wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home