Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Well, in typical me fashion, I got drunk, fell asleep and missed the halloween party I was going to go to. It sucks because I had this great costume all ready to go. It's so simple. That's the beauty of it.


It's this tiny batman costume that hangs down in front of me. I can kick with its little leggings and punch with its tiny arms. I call it the bat bib, or the bat quatto. It's really cool, but it kind of looks like I beat up a little kid and stole his costume. Oh, well. Maybe I'll save it for next year. I guess I've been working on that instead of my actual superhero costume.

You know, I've been thinking about the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" thing, and I can't see that it's always true.

Just because you're good at something or have some ability, doesn't mean that you need to use it. Hitler was pretty good at wiping out the Jews. That doesn't mean that he should have. I mean, you shouldn't do things just because you can, and maybe I shouldn't be jumping off buildings to save people or whatever. There's no clear moral imperative that says I have to do things. Sometimes it's better just to get drunk and fall asleep on the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home