Monday, January 28, 2008

No Case

There's a summons in my lap. Two weeks from today. It doesn't take long when rich people want their day in court.

I've never been in a courtroom before, not when they're in session. I don't know what's going to happen. I have some new lawyer calling me now. We got into an argument when I explained that I don't care about philanthropy, but she still calls to "keep me informed," so I listen, but it doesn't really matter. I'm gonna lose the house. I know it, and she knows it. All her legal talk doesn't distract me. I know bullshit when I hear it. She's got nothing. Worse than that, she's got me, and I'm the worst thing that could happen to my case. She acts like she cares, but I know what her job is. She gets payed, win or lose.

I'm scared of going on the stand. In a way, I'm more scared of that than I am of losing the house. I told her I don't want to do it, but she swears she can make it work. Again, bullshit. It's my house, my case, I should get to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home