Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stupid Mail

I flew North yesterday. I'm starting to get a little sense of the compass directions. I used to have a compass keychain, but it broke when I tried to open a beer with it, so I got a beer opener keychain. Anyway, I've flown all around this area. There's nothing new to see from the air, and nothing seems that interesting once I land, so I kept drifting North, not paying attention, and I ended up pretty far off.

I passed a city and went down. It was dark, so I could spot the hotels by the neon signs, but nobody saw me land. I got a room for the night. I've barely been out of the house for months. It felt weird to sleep somewhere else. Plus, it got to be day, and the curtains in those places never make it dark enough to sleep through the sunlight. It's supposed to be winter, no sun. What the hell?

There was a letter when I got back. I didn't read the whole thing, but I guess there's some new legal issue with my parent's will. I didn't want to deal with any of that stuff the first time, there's no way I'm gonna go back now. I thought being a superhero was supposed to be a thrill a minute, always some psychopath pointing a death ray at something. I shouldn't have to deal with this legal bullshit. I'll fly South next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home