Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Plead the Fifth

I finished my questioning, or whatever you call it, a little while ago. I was surprised when I got up there how calm I was. My lawyer and I went through all the stuff we worked out beforehand, all the questions carefully phrased so I could tell the truth and it would still sound good.

Then the other guy came up and ripped that shit apart. I held on for a little bit, but I didn't have anything good to say. Did my lawyer really think this was going to work? Her whole case was supposed to prove that even though I hadn't done anything to help anyone, I still cared. Well, it's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes that I don't.

I tried to care for a little while in the middle of his questioning. What the hell, right? I started talking about how I'm gonna miss my house, something that actually matters to me. I thought about all the TV shows and movies I've seen where the guy gets on the stand and makes this great speech, and suddenly everyone agrees with him. Even with all that going through my head, I couldn't make it sound like I give a shit, because I don't. I know I'm gonna lose.

That's it. My contribution to the cause of me having somewhere to live is completed. Take the house. I don't care anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home