Sunday, March 16, 2008

Coffee of a Coffee of a Coffee

Haven't been able to sleep since I got here. I hate this place. I'm sleepy, but I still toss all night, and since I have nothing to do when I get up, I don't have any reason to be awake ever. I wish I could sleep all the time.

I got up about an hour ago and started drinking cup after cup of coffee. Reverse psychology. I reached for the phone, but there was nobody calling.

Ten seconds later, the phone rang.

Was I hallucinating? Is there a problem with the signal? It was my lawyer again, chasing my ambulance. The depressing idea that comes to mind is that it's some new superpower, seeing the future. That's the last thing I need. I already have a power, and it doesn't help anything. I think it's only made my life worse, from expecting myself to act like a hero. Besides, I'd probably have to drink so much coffee to see the future, I'd be all jittery all the time. Not worth it.

And I can't blame all my problems on heightened expectations, because by my estimation, I'm a lousy human being first and a lousy hero second. Hey, I've got a prediction for the future: I suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home