Monday, May 5, 2008

Green Thumb

There's three plants outside my window, two real, one plastic. I've been ignoring them since I moved here. I figured they belonged to whoever lived here before and they'd basically left them there to die (except the plastic one). Needless to say, they're not doing too well, but today, for the first time, I watered them.

I don't know if they're gonna make it, but I was reminded of a scene from some movie I saw years ago. There's a service for single guys, teaching them to be more responsible or something, and they issue them a fern. If they can take care of the fern, they get a puppy. If they take care of that, they get something else. So in the movie, they have some guy showing up all frantic with a dead fern shouting, "It's not my fault. You gave me a defective plant," or something. I hope I can do better than him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home