Sunday, May 4, 2008

Now the Time Is Here For Iron Man to Spread Fear

Went to see Iron Man today. I was really looking forward to it, but I thought it would be more like my life, and it wasn't. In the movie, Tony Starck is a millionaire playboy who's captured by terrorists and finds new purpose in his life. He works night and day to right wrongs and stuff. I liked the millionaire part, living in the cool mansion with lots of futuristic stuff, but then it lost me.

One of the great things about Iron Man is how flawed the guy is. He has a cool suit, but underneath, he's just human. He has problems like everyone else. I'm in the ASPCRDJ, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Robert Downey Junior, so I can't fault that guy, but I would have liked to see a little more of this:

The best part was when I was sitting in the theater thinking, "I'm the only real superhero who came to see this," but what if I wasn't? Maybe there's more of us. Maybe they don't blog. What if this kind of thing happens all the time, and nobody knows about it? Maybe none of them do heroic stuff either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home