Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rough Winds Do Shake the Darling Buds of May

And summer's lease has all too short a date.


New blossoms are opening in my "garden" every day now. It's so gratifying, but look how the old ones are already starting to wither. I guess that's how it goes.

These plants give me hope. The fact that they were so dead when I started taking care of them, and now they're starting to thrive again means there might be hope for me too. Things can change. Even the fact that I care about these things means that change is possible.

I never once gave a girl flowers. They seemed so stupid and pointless. Now I've seen them blossom, come out of nothing, and I'm actually sad when they're gone. They're so fragile and fleeting. I'll never understand women, but maybe this is some small part of what they feel. I'm glad they got the chance to exist at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home