Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sometimes a Cigar Is Just a Cigar

The dedication I used to have to drinking and smoking seem to have gone away. I still enjoy them, but I don't need them all the time. In fact, most of the bottle and some of the cigar are still sitting next to me. I thought the time apart would make me binge, but I just didn't feel the need.

I do feel different, though, now that they're back. I'm more relaxed, more comfortable in my own skin. The past two nights' sleep have been the most restful I can remember. Sure, these things have the potential to destroy me, but does that have to mean they're all bad? I've never seen the point in moderation, so maybe I'll just do whatever I want and see what happens. Maybe I can trust myself more to want less... Does that make sense?

In the words of Groucho Marx: "I love my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home